Excuse me for repeating myself but I love the beach so SO much! Any beach; sandy, rocky, remote, busy, privet, public, with family, by myself… Thailand, Miami, Santa Monica, Santorini… every beach has its own beauty, its own story and its own spirit.
When planning what to put in your beach bag you really have to take in to account the beach you’re heading to, your mood and who is going to be there with you! Packing for a beach party in Ibiza will be different to packing for the beach on a family holiday in the South of France, or a romantic escape to Lisbon. Every beach has a slightly different vibe and this might affect the type of things you’d like to take with you.
I’ll be posting regularly as part of the ‘In my Beach bag’ series, and will try to cover what you’ll need for all sorts of beaches around the world, so keep your eyes peeled (and sign up to our newsletter for updates)!
This time I am going to spend the day at the beach in Las Salinas, Ibiza! One of the most iconic beaches ever, faced by the beautiful Mediterranean sea and backed by the islands stunning pine forests.
So, what’s in my shopping bag for a day at Las Salinas?
1. I just love my beach bag. It’s from Amara and is big enough for everything I need to carry. It also has a special boho feel and I love the tribal stripes with a touch of neon green.
2. As much as I love the sound of the sea, there’s nothing like listening to your favourite music in an amazing setting. I love wireless Beats by Dre, the quality of sound is second to none and the best bit? They come in bright pink! They’re hard to find but well worth the hunt! Find them on here, £99.
3. An iPhone case is crucial for keeping those stray grains of sand away from your phone. I got my current customised IPhone 6 case at www.zuzzle.com, $50.20. I love the digital flower print, it works perfectly with our gorgeous Chloe bikini.
4. Suntan lotion! Probably the most important thing in my bag. At the moment, I’m obsessed with Hawaiian Tropics Shimmer Effect. This sun tan lotion smells delicious and their SPF15 is just right for my skin. The shimmer effect enhances the natural tone of skin and makes you glow in the sun.
5. What would a trip to the beach be without a beach towel? The Conran Shop’s Linen Beach Towel, £95, is perfect for lying in the sun. It’s bright pink stripes are cheerful, which is just what you want when you’re lying in the sun!
6. For SS16 pale tortoiseshell sunglasses are top of my wish list! I’ve got my eye on the Miu Miu and Stella McCartney styles; bold with thick frame. Ace and Tate glasses are beautiful too – and at £89, they’re the perfect summer treat-to-self.
7. I absolutely love our RiniKini sarong with a pompom edge trim in fluorescent green. The best news? This beach essential is free when you buy a RiniKini bikini. Shop now!
8. My favourite SS16 accessories are arm cuffs. There’s no shortage of arm jewellery to chose from today but my personal favourite is a boho vintage silver arm cuff that I picked up in a vintage market in LA 10 years ago.
9. These Alberta Ferretti fringed sandals are amazing! Straight off the catwalk, they might blow our budget but they are just to die for! It’s good to treat yourself every now and then! Buy them here, 637 €.
9. I’m currently reading The Art of Hearing Heartbeats’ by Jan-Philipp Sendkey and I’m loving it. It’s a touching love story, set in Burma. I won’t say anymore but, trust me, you wont be able to put down!
Hope this helps you get ready for a great day at the beach.